Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Just Backed #2: Exalted 3rd Edition

Hey, folks!

Like many of you may know (you probably will if you are a hardcore Exalted fan as myself), the Kickstarter for the Deluxe version of Exalted 3rd Edition just went live today... and it's crazy! It reached its target goal in 18 minutes. You have no idea how happy I am for all the crew who has been working so hard for the past months (some of them for years!) to finally reach this day. I know some of them from the official Exalted Forum (many were regular posters just like me), and they are great people who couldn't possibly love more this game, which is why I'm confident that this is going to be a great book, and a great edition.

I also want to spend some words talking about an amazing idea that I've never seen applied to other Kickstarters before: they made a stretch goal that will allow everyone involved on this wonderful game to get a +15% on their payment. Now, you may think that putting a stretch goal that gives writers money is a weird idea; but believe me, it's not. Freelance writers (particularly RPG ones) don't get payed much for their hard work. I think it's great that some of the money we are spending on this project goes straight to the people who made it possible. I hope this sets a precedent for future Kickstarters, even from other companies, because it's an amazing idea.

Anyway, that's all I have to say for now. I feel in my heart this game is going to be awesome, which is why I wanted to share it with you all. If you click on the (very pretty) new Exalted logo below, you'll go to the KS.

Have fun!



No comments: