Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Recycling the Blog for a New Beginning

I can’t believe 3 years almost elapsed since I made this blog, which unfortunately didn’t last for long since my interests and obligations kept me apart from updating it as I originally hoped I’d be able to do. Back in the day, this was supposed to be a place for me to post and share my Exalted 2nd Edition homebrew (which you can still find in the Downloads section, by the way, I haven’t removed it). That was all. 

But, a lot of things happened since then, both in my personal and gaming life. In the personal life spectrum, I finished my major in cinematography and I rediscovered my love for writing comic books which, among other things, lead me to work (up to the day) as a teacher on the subject. I joined several writing projects that unfortunately didn’t bear as much fruit as they should have, but I’m still kicking, so that’s the important thing here since I’ve learned a lot from every single one of them.

In my gaming life spectrum, which is the focus of this blog anyway, I went through different phases and styles. I tried games that I wouldn’t have even dare to touch 3 years ago. I loved some of them, I hated others, but the important thing is that I learned a lot about what I want from a roleplaying game, both  as a player and as a GM (specially the later, since that’s  what I do most of the time). What I found was very different from what I wanted when I started gaming back in 2003, to the point I can no longer enjoy many of the games I loved back then. But, regardless of that, I think these changes were natural due to my personal experiences in life and I’m quite happy with how it all ended since I consider that my roleplaying life is nowadays broader and richer than how it was before.

Since I don’t want to bore you all (I must confess that I’m actually quite surprised that you are still reading this blog entry by this point… here, have a cookie, you earned it), I’m going to talk about the important stuff: my plans for the blog.

As the title of the entry says, I’m going to recycle this blog. I know I could just make another blog, but since I like how this one looks (plus I like the name), I’ve chosen to keep it.  From now all I’ll be using the blog to talk about my personal experiences in roleplaying games, share my homebrew content for third party games (like I previously did with Exalted 2nd Edition) and, most importantly, to talk about my own roleplaying game projects. One of the things I realized is that my love and enjoyment for roleplaying games has only escalated with each passing year, to the point that now I feel the need to start working on my own projects and share them with my fellow gamers. In the coming weeks I’ll be talking about what games I have in mind (maybe post a small draft for playtest), so that everyone who cares can contribute with their own opinions.

Anyway, I don’t want to borrow anymore of your time. I just hope you are at least a little bit intrigued to take a peek at the blog in a couple of weeks and see what’s going on here.

See you around!

No comments: